Explore the outer edges of our island heritage
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 20 April 2012
Firefighters are tackling a blaze on an island owned by a multi-millionaire.
Monday 02 April 2012
An air-and-sea-rescue search for a ferry passenger who is believed to be missing overboard was suspended last night after five hours.
Saturday 19 November 2011
An air, sea and land search has been launched for a missing kite surfer.
Thursday 18 August 2011
There was flash flooding today after torrential rain hit the south coast.
Saturday 11 June 2011
"Burnbake campsite is full," said a woman's voice on the answering machine. "We do not take bookings. We will change the message when pitches become available."
Thursday 02 June 2011
Premier Oil is considering buying BP's 68 per cent stake in the Wytch Farm oil field in Dorset.
Friday 28 January 2011
Bournemouth have appointed Lee Bradbury as their new manager.
Monday 22 November 2010
Paul and Rachel Chandler, the British couple held captive by Somali pirates for more than a year after their yacht was hijacked, want to make closer contact with the people of Somalia and try to persuade the international community to help restore law and order in their country.
Friday 20 August 2010
Police were conducting more tests today to find out what happened to a man found dead with his young son.
Tuesday 13 July 2010
Coastguards warned about the dangers of "tombstoning" yesterday after a 75-year-old man jumped from an 80ft beauty spot and was seriously hurt.
Friday 21 May 2010
Bournemouth has launched its own weather service, claiming a "disastrous" Met Office forecast put off thousands of potential visitors last year.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial