What is the honours system for? Is it to award consolation prizes? Is it to provide an automatic garnish to certain jobs? Or is it to reward an exceptional contribution to society that would otherwise go unrecognised? With yet another row over nominations brewing, a decision is long overdue.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 20 April 2012
No ambition, lots of parties and a much photographed bottom. That's Pippa Middleton
Terence Blacker: Can't the Editors of Time magazine see Pippa Middleton is a national embarrassment?
Thursday 19 April 2012
Astonishingly, they think these sisters ooze class. Have they lost their marbles? A Page 3 girl would make a better role model
Tuesday 17 January 2012
FreeView from the editors at i
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo