Slowly, the stigma of mental illness is falling away. Lunacy, as it was then called, used to rank alongside imprisonment and bankruptcy as automatic grounds for disqualifying an MP from remaining in the Commons.
Screen Actors Guild
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 03 October 2013
Viewers are used to Whitehall scandals which appear to have been lifted from The Thick Of It. Now Armando Iannucci has repeated the trick with Veep, his Washington comedy, which returns with an episode depicting the catastrophic results of a US federal government shutdown.
Wednesday 11 September 2013
Most child sex abusers are not public figures and must be pursued, insists senior lawyer
Friday 06 September 2013
Mum and Dad Are Splitting Up, BBC2
Porn is about fantasy sex - and the truth is that some women have rape fantasies. But this is very different from the real thing
Tuesday 23 July 2013
It does not mean we would enjoy being raped, or that we deserve to be raped. Let's not teach teenagers that Planet Porn is inextricable from the Real World
Friday 19 July 2013
The late actor's father claims he wasn't invited to the service on Tuesday
Thursday 13 June 2013
They warn that 20,000 girls in Britain are at risk of being subjected to the highly painful procedure
Thursday 31 January 2013
Former England captain joins super-rich Paris club on five-month deal - but could earn from merchandising
Tuesday 29 January 2013
Whoever came up with the Top 10 list of celebrities reading sections of 50 Shades of Grey REALLY knows what makes the internet tick. It's gold-dust. (So thank you, Flavourwire's Emily Temple.)
Saturday 29 December 2012
A French constitutional panel has thrown out a plan to tax the ultrawealthy at a 75 per cent rate, saying it was excessive.
Friday 14 December 2012
A secretly-filmed campaign highlighting the dangers of drink driving has been released, urging the public to act to help prevent it this Christmas.
Monday 19 November 2012
The majority of British adults watch four hours of repeats every week, according to a survey.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 John McAfee's $100 'anti-NSA' device: 'this is coming and cannot be stopped'
- 4 Is Facebook making us forget? Study shows that taking pictures ruin memories
- 5 Australia incest case: Filthy and severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding