Belgium has been sprucing up its cemeteries, renovating museums and churning out commemorative memorabilia as the centenary approaches next year of World War One, a four-year-long event which is expected to bring millions of new visitors to the nation.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 23 August 2013
All this adulation is a bit much, reckons Eleanor Doughty
Thursday 08 August 2013
Alice Jones' Arts Diary
Tuesday 23 July 2013
The front pages of every national newspaper on Tuesday led with the news that the Duchess of Cambridge had given birth to the royal baby.
Saturday 08 June 2013
Olympics wipe out Hornby’s profit
Friday 07 June 2013
John Cage wrote remarkably little organ music, but the accent as usual was on remarkable: for “Some of 'The Harmony of Maine'”, he adapted 19th-century hymns by Supply Belcher with regard to the organ's multiple-timbral possibilities, in ways which required six assistant organists to perform complex registration changes.
Wednesday 08 May 2013
It was the moneymen behind Sir Alex who constructed Man U's global brand. But they couldn't have done it without his successes
Sunday 31 March 2013
Following a spate of thefts, ministers are now allowed to buy their red boxes
Tuesday 22 January 2013
The queues for the plastic champagne flutes might have rivalled those at Terminal 5 last weekend
IoS dance review: Cirque du Soleil, Royal Albert Hall, London
Ockham's Razor, Platform Theatre, King's Cross, London
Sunday 13 January 2013
Sky-high ticket prices keep families away, but clowns need kids' gasps or it's just plain silly
Tuesday 08 January 2013
Highlights from the London 2012 Olympics have notched up a new record to become the best-selling sport DVD.
Friday 30 November 2012
United travel to Reading this weekend
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do