Wayne Harrison was not the most fortunate of footballers. Blessed with a sublime talent for sniffing out goal-scoring opportunities and converting them with consummate skill, he became the world's most expensive teenager when Liverpool – then the mightiest club in the land – paid Oldham Athletic £250,000 for his predatory services in the spring of 1985.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 26 March 2008
John Toshack fears his World Cup plans will be wrecked by long-term injury of four of his best players. The Wales coach will send out an experimental side here tonight for a friendly that will give him the chance to run the rule over fringe players.
Tuesday 19 February 2008
Tuesday 05 February 2008
Wednesday 30 January 2008
Friday 18 January 2008
Saturday 27 May 2006
Sunday 09 October 2005
Monday 10 January 2005
Sunday 09 January 2005
Monday 27 September 2004
Monday 29 December 2003
Monday 20 October 2003
Thursday 16 October 2003
Thursday 25 September 2003
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella