The National's latest album saw the Brooklyn outfit facing up to questions of existence. James McNair meets the band on tour
The Museum Of Modern Art
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 10 April 2013
Cosmetics heir and heavy-weight philanthropist Leonard A Lauder has donated 78 pieces to the museum
Sunday 24 March 2013
Tilda Swinton, arthouse film doyenne, blockbuster actress and sometime conceptual artist, has reprised her art exhibit The Maybe for the first time in almost two decades.
Sunday 20 January 2013
The moment when artists abandoned their brushes, paints and bronzes and found art in new places is revisited at two exciting new galleries
Thursday 10 January 2013
Alice Jones' Arts Diary
Tuesday 27 November 2012
A naked doll with long synthetic hair greets the visitor to this inspired exhibition, which explores "the idea of opening up and exposing a living body".
Thursday 11 October 2012
A garage sale as performance art?
Monday 04 July 2011
Dominique Strauss-Kahn and his wife, the television journalist Anne Sinclair, might have settled into the life of many well-to-do Manhattan couples, but for a few twists peculiar to their circumstances.
Tuesday 21 June 2011
Friday 18 March 2011
Xavier Pauchard was born in 1880 in Le Morvan, known as the green heart of France. Unsurprisingly wood was the most important construction material but despite that, he and his father and grandfather before him were zinc roofers.
Saturday 19 February 2011
Tuesday 01 February 2011
Google's Street View technology is being taken indoors for the first time - into some of the world's most famous art galleries.
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial