Traveller's Guide: Mauritius
Tuesday 24 June 2008
The writer flew from Heathrow to Mauritius with Virgin Atlantic (08705 747 747; www.virgin-atlantic.com). Mauritius is also served by British Airways (0844 493 0787; www.ba. com) and Air Mauritius (020-7434 4375; www.airmauritius.com) from Heathrow.
It's a one-hour drive from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International to Le Prince Maurice, or 15 minutes by helicopter: £360 for a couple.
The writer travelled with Virgin Holidays (0844 557 3861; www.virginholidays.com), which offers a week in Mauritius from £1,829 per person, with seven nights' half board at Constance Le Prince Maurice, return flights and transfers.
Buy Abta carbon "offsets" on 020-7637 2444 or www.reducemyfootprint.travel.
Constance Le Prince Maurice, Poste de Flacq, Mauritius (001 230 402 3636; www.leprincemaurice.com). Suites are available from €€512 (£396), half board.
Mauritius Tourism: 020-7584 3666; www.tourism-mauritius.mu
View Larger Map
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...