Traveller's Guide: The Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Monday 23 June 2008
Montego Bay is served by Virgin Atlantic (08705 747 747; www.virgin-atlantic.com) from Gatwick. Charter flights are operated by First Choice (0870 850 3999; www.firstchoice.co.uk/flights) and Thomsonfly (0870 190 0737; www.thomsonfly.com) from Birmingham, Gatwick and Manchester. Kingston is served by Virgin Atlantic and British Airways (0844 493 0787; www.ba.com) from Gatwick.
Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, St Ann (001 876 974 2514; www.jamaicainn.com). Suites start at $290 (£153), room only.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (0845 850 2829; www.fco.gov.uk) warns: "There are high levels of crime and violence, particularly in Kingston... The motive for most attacks on tourists is robbery. Although the Jamaican government has a system of mobile police patrols, there is a risk in walking alone in isolated areas or on deserted beaches, even in daylight hours."
Jamaica Tourist Board: 020-7225 9090; www.visitjamaica.com.
View Larger Map
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...