Win a classic American road trip
See the best of the West Coast with Intrepid Travel
Friday 12 October 2012
Join an enthusiastic and knowledgeable local guide and a small group of dedicated international travellers for an adventure tour that will show you the best of America's most famous state.
With plenty of delights for the intrepid traveller, the California coast and the vast deserts of Nevada and Arizona are packed with opportunities to see the real USA. On your trip, you'll do the following
- Discover the striking rock formations of Joshua Tree National Park
- Soak up the celebrity vibe in Hollywood and Beverly Hills
- Scuttle the steep streets in the city of San Francisco
- Admire the immensity of the Grand Canyon
- Be awed by the magnificence of Yosemite Falls
- Dive into the 24-hour energy of Las Vegas
- Much more
One lucky winner and a friend will each get a place on Intrepid's "Best of California" tour, alongside return flights from London. For your chance to win this fabulous guided trip, simply fill your details in below
About Intrepid Travel
For travellers with a yearning to get off the beaten track, Intrepid Travel opens up a whole new world. With a huge variety of travel styles available, Intrepid travellers explore the world's most amazing places - discovering real people, real cultures and having incredible real life experiences along the way.
Small groups and local leaders mean you will be part of a close-knit crew, travelling with freedom, flexibility and unparalleled local knowledge. Just think of it as independent travel - with a parachute! For more information visit intrepidtravel.com.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition closes on 23 November 2012.
- The prize is two spaces on Intrepid's "Best of California" tour, plus two return flights from London.
- More information about the trip is available here.
- Not included in the prize are airport transfers, trip kitty, any passport or visa fees required, vaccinations, travel insurance, additional services not specified in the itinerary and personal spending money.
- The trip must be taken by 1 October 2013. No extension is available.
- Travel is not permitted between 15 December 2012 and 10 January 2013, 28 March and 15t April 2013, or 24 July to 2 September 2013.
- The trip is subject to availability and confirmation from Intrepid at the time of booking. Please see the standard Intrepid Travel booking conditions at www.intrepidtravel.com/bookingconditions
- The prize trip cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
- The prize trip is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
- The winner must book their prize trip and flights by phone directly with Intrepid Travel, by calling 0845 450 5310 and quoting the winning promo code which will be supplied by email.
- As a requirement of these terms and conditions, you accept that Intrepid Travel may contact you within two weeks of your return, for a post-trip interview which may be used in any of Intrepid's marketing material.
- The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...