Win a classic American road trip
See the best of the West Coast with Intrepid Travel
Friday 12 October 2012
Join an enthusiastic and knowledgeable local guide and a small group of dedicated international travellers for an adventure tour that will show you the best of America's most famous state.
With plenty of delights for the intrepid traveller, the California coast and the vast deserts of Nevada and Arizona are packed with opportunities to see the real USA. On your trip, you'll do the following
- Discover the striking rock formations of Joshua Tree National Park
- Soak up the celebrity vibe in Hollywood and Beverly Hills
- Scuttle the steep streets in the city of San Francisco
- Admire the immensity of the Grand Canyon
- Be awed by the magnificence of Yosemite Falls
- Dive into the 24-hour energy of Las Vegas
- Much more
One lucky winner and a friend will each get a place on Intrepid's "Best of California" tour, alongside return flights from London. For your chance to win this fabulous guided trip, simply fill your details in below
About Intrepid Travel
For travellers with a yearning to get off the beaten track, Intrepid Travel opens up a whole new world. With a huge variety of travel styles available, Intrepid travellers explore the world's most amazing places - discovering real people, real cultures and having incredible real life experiences along the way.
Small groups and local leaders mean you will be part of a close-knit crew, travelling with freedom, flexibility and unparalleled local knowledge. Just think of it as independent travel - with a parachute! For more information visit intrepidtravel.com.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition closes on 23 November 2012.
- The prize is two spaces on Intrepid's "Best of California" tour, plus two return flights from London.
- More information about the trip is available here.
- Not included in the prize are airport transfers, trip kitty, any passport or visa fees required, vaccinations, travel insurance, additional services not specified in the itinerary and personal spending money.
- The trip must be taken by 1 October 2013. No extension is available.
- Travel is not permitted between 15 December 2012 and 10 January 2013, 28 March and 15t April 2013, or 24 July to 2 September 2013.
- The trip is subject to availability and confirmation from Intrepid at the time of booking. Please see the standard Intrepid Travel booking conditions at www.intrepidtravel.com/bookingconditions
- The prize trip cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
- The prize trip is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
- The winner must book their prize trip and flights by phone directly with Intrepid Travel, by calling 0845 450 5310 and quoting the winning promo code which will be supplied by email.
- As a requirement of these terms and conditions, you accept that Intrepid Travel may contact you within two weeks of your return, for a post-trip interview which may be used in any of Intrepid's marketing material.
- The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...