In pictures: The beauty of Hong Kong
Tuesday 28 February 2012
They don’t call Hong Kong ‘the pearl of the orient for nothing
It might be one of the busiest metropolises in the world, but it still has a unique beauty, especially when you see Victoria Harbour lit up at night, with multicoloured light from the skyscrapers rippling on the the waters. It's a place of great contrast, the historical meeting place of East and West making for a striking fusion of two very different cultures and creating something unique to stand apart on the world stage. See for yourself what delights await in this interactive gallery.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...