Spa star treatment of the month: Avocado Hair Masque, Alila Villas Soori, Bali
Friday 27 April 2012
Remember when you bleached your hair, then went on holiday and jumped in the pool? Green locks probably weren't what you had in mind.
At Alila Villas Soori, the resort's spa uses "age-old beauty recipes that feature the curative benefits of fresh, natural ingredients." And with its hair masque, this means chopping up a pile of avocado then rubbing it into your scalp.
A martini is on hand to calm the nerves when you mistake yourself in the mirror for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Happily, it all washes out, leaving your hair silky soft – and back to its original colour. 968,000 rupiah (£65).
Alila Villas Soori, Bali (00 62 361 894 6388; alilahotels.com). Doubles from US$498 (£332), room only.
- 1 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 2 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 3 China agrees to impose carbon targets by 2016
- 4 Exclusive: Championship clubs set to push for safe-standing trials
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.