Spa star treatment of the month: Avocado Hair Masque, Alila Villas Soori, Bali
Friday 27 April 2012
Remember when you bleached your hair, then went on holiday and jumped in the pool? Green locks probably weren't what you had in mind.
At Alila Villas Soori, the resort's spa uses "age-old beauty recipes that feature the curative benefits of fresh, natural ingredients." And with its hair masque, this means chopping up a pile of avocado then rubbing it into your scalp.
A martini is on hand to calm the nerves when you mistake yourself in the mirror for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Happily, it all washes out, leaving your hair silky soft – and back to its original colour. 968,000 rupiah (£65).
Alila Villas Soori, Bali (00 62 361 894 6388; alilahotels.com). Doubles from US$498 (£332), room only.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...