Spa star treatment of the month: Avocado Hair Masque, Alila Villas Soori, Bali
Friday 27 April 2012
Remember when you bleached your hair, then went on holiday and jumped in the pool? Green locks probably weren't what you had in mind.
At Alila Villas Soori, the resort's spa uses "age-old beauty recipes that feature the curative benefits of fresh, natural ingredients." And with its hair masque, this means chopping up a pile of avocado then rubbing it into your scalp.
A martini is on hand to calm the nerves when you mistake yourself in the mirror for Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Happily, it all washes out, leaving your hair silky soft – and back to its original colour. 968,000 rupiah (£65).
Alila Villas Soori, Bali (00 62 361 894 6388; alilahotels.com). Doubles from US$498 (£332), room only.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...