My holiday in Australia: Polly Burton, aged 7
Saturday 15 November 2008
WHAT I LIKED
I liked it when we went camping because I had my birthday there and kangaroos hopped around the tents. We went snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. I liked it when I saw my cousins, who live there.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
I did not like it when my ears popped on the plane, or when a kookaburra pinched my burger.
WHAT I SAW
I saw lots of kangaroos and in the rainforest I saw a frog in the toilet! I saw a snake and lots of bats. From the aeroplane I saw a big red rock and dry rivers.
WHAT I ATE
I ate Vegemite and barbecued food. I also went to a brilliant noodle bar in Townsville, Queensland.
WHAT I BOUGHT
I bought lots and lots of things, but mostly toy kangaroos and koalas.
WOULD I GO BACK?
I would definitely go back, but mum and dad say only when I can pay for myself!
Polly wins a £15 book token. National Book Tokens are sold and accepted in all UK bookshops
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...