Bargain of the week
Saturday 08 March 1997
The deal is on offer for travelling out in April May or June, and returning by the end of July. To Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne or Sydney, you pay pounds 699 plus tax - a fairly typical low-season fare for quality airlines. But in an act of spectacular generosity, the two airlines are offering stopovers in Africa or north east Asia.
The choice on the outbound leg is between Bangkok or Singapore, but on the way back you get to chose from Osaka, Peking, Seoul or Tokyo in Asia; in Africa, the Zimbabwean capital Harare or Johannesburg in South Africa. You can book through any agent, or either airline; the fastest response yesterday was from Qantas on 0345 747767. Bookings must be made by 8 April.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...