Departures: Oz means business
Saturday 19 June 1993
Director David Orkin says that four years ago only 1 per cent of travellers chose business class - 'In the days when it cost pounds 3,000, it really was only executives who could be found in that section.' But with business-class fares falling by up to half - a return from London to Sydney now costs pounds 1,600 - Quest estimates that 17 per cent of tourists opt for the upgrade. However, Mr Orkin warns that cut-price business class to Australia may soon be ending. Both Singapore Airlines and Qantas have said they will increase business-class fares by 10 per cent before the end of June.
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...