Spa Star: Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
Friday 29 June 2012
Treatment of the Month: Golden Honey massage
Cleopatra was said to have bathed in it (along with asses' milk to maintain that legendary complexion), ancient Greeks believed in its ability to promote virility, and Hindus regard it as a sacred substance.
And while honey might be better enjoyed on toast, the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz has devised a 90-minute treatment in which it is slathered on your skin and massaged into pressure points to moisturise, relax and extract salt and toxins.
A sticky situation? Happily it's all washed off to leave your skin as soft and glowing as a pharaoh (Sfr290/£190).
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Sarganserland, Switzerland (00 41 81 303 30 30; resortragaz.ch). Doubles from Sfr490 (£328), including breakfast.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...