Spa Star: Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
Friday 29 June 2012
Treatment of the Month: Golden Honey massage
Cleopatra was said to have bathed in it (along with asses' milk to maintain that legendary complexion), ancient Greeks believed in its ability to promote virility, and Hindus regard it as a sacred substance.
And while honey might be better enjoyed on toast, the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz has devised a 90-minute treatment in which it is slathered on your skin and massaged into pressure points to moisturise, relax and extract salt and toxins.
A sticky situation? Happily it's all washed off to leave your skin as soft and glowing as a pharaoh (Sfr290/£190).
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Sarganserland, Switzerland (00 41 81 303 30 30; resortragaz.ch). Doubles from Sfr490 (£328), including breakfast.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...