Spa Star: Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
Friday 29 June 2012
Treatment of the Month: Golden Honey massage
Cleopatra was said to have bathed in it (along with asses' milk to maintain that legendary complexion), ancient Greeks believed in its ability to promote virility, and Hindus regard it as a sacred substance.
And while honey might be better enjoyed on toast, the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz has devised a 90-minute treatment in which it is slathered on your skin and massaged into pressure points to moisturise, relax and extract salt and toxins.
A sticky situation? Happily it's all washed off to leave your skin as soft and glowing as a pharaoh (Sfr290/£190).
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Sarganserland, Switzerland (00 41 81 303 30 30; resortragaz.ch). Doubles from Sfr490 (£328), including breakfast.
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...