Spa Star: Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
Friday 29 June 2012
Treatment of the Month: Golden Honey massage
Cleopatra was said to have bathed in it (along with asses' milk to maintain that legendary complexion), ancient Greeks believed in its ability to promote virility, and Hindus regard it as a sacred substance.
And while honey might be better enjoyed on toast, the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz has devised a 90-minute treatment in which it is slathered on your skin and massaged into pressure points to moisturise, relax and extract salt and toxins.
A sticky situation? Happily it's all washed off to leave your skin as soft and glowing as a pharaoh (Sfr290/£190).
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Sarganserland, Switzerland (00 41 81 303 30 30; resortragaz.ch). Doubles from Sfr490 (£328), including breakfast.
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...