Travel Challenge: Active Austria
Friday 04 May 2012
Each week we invite three companies to offer us their best deal for a specific holiday. Today: an active family holiday in Austria during June half term. Prices are for a family of four, based on two adults and two children travelling together. Each package includes a week's accommodation, flights from Gatwick on Saturday 2 June and transfers.
Includes Thomson flights to Salzburg and all-inclusive at Hotel Alpin Scheffau. "This region is home to six adventure parks, making it a perfect family mountain experience. The hotel runs a free kids' club and activities," says Neil Lodge of Crystal (0871 230 8180; crystalsummer.co.uk).
Includes easyJet flights to Innsbruck and half board at Hotel Bergresort Seefeld which has a free activity programme and bike hire. "One of the best loved mountain resorts with horse-drawn buggies, golf, tennis and rowing," says Lisa Tyrrell of Inghams (020-8780 4454; inghams.co.uk).
Includes Monarch flights to Innsbruck, a B&B chalet at Feel Free Resort Oetz Valley and guided activities. "The resort's flexibility will appeal to families. It has white-water rafting, mountain biking, paragliding, or just visit the nearby thermal baths," says Stephanie Eddy of Activities Abroad (01670 789991; activitiesabroad.com).
- 1 Terror at Woolwich barracks: Attacker tried to behead and disembowel British soldier
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.