Traveller's Guide: Grimstad, Norway
Monday 23 June 2008
The closest airport is Kristiansand, which is around 30 miles south of Grimstad. Norwegian (020-8099 7254; www.norwegian.no) flies there from Edinburgh. Ryanair (0871 246 0000; www.ryanair.com) flies to Oslo Torp, 100 miles north of Grimstad, from Stansted, Liverpool, Glasgow, Dublin and Birmingham. A bus service to Grimstad is available from both Kristiansand and Oslo.
Rica Hotel Grimstad, Kirkegt 3, Grimstad (00 47 37 25 25 25; www.rica-hotels.com). Doubles start at NK1,250 (£130), including breakfast.
Homborsund lighthouse (00 47 37 04 64 50; www.fyr.no). You can also book through Grimstad Tourist Office.
www.grimstad.net; 00 47 37 25 01 68. www.visitnorway.co.uk; 020-7389 8800.
View Larger Map
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...