Where's hot: The Mediterranean islands
Friday 01 June 2012
The sun might have made a welcome appearance across Britain recently, but with it comes the promise of a dip in temperatures and more rain.
Around the Mediterranean, though, the mercury is stabilising at around 28C in locations such as Palma, Perpignan and Porto Vecchio. The summer months tend to be dry and hot, with about 11 daily sunshine hours on the central islands.
For optimum sun-soaking, avoid the intense heat and crowds of July and August, and aim for June. The islands – including the Balearics, Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily – are at their best.
Monarch (0871 423 8642; monarch.co.uk) has a week in Cala Bona, Mallorca, for £285pp, with flights from Gatwick on 17 June and all-inclusive at the Ola Isabel Hotel.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...