Where's hot: The Mediterranean islands
Friday 01 June 2012
The sun might have made a welcome appearance across Britain recently, but with it comes the promise of a dip in temperatures and more rain.
Around the Mediterranean, though, the mercury is stabilising at around 28C in locations such as Palma, Perpignan and Porto Vecchio. The summer months tend to be dry and hot, with about 11 daily sunshine hours on the central islands.
For optimum sun-soaking, avoid the intense heat and crowds of July and August, and aim for June. The islands – including the Balearics, Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily – are at their best.
Monarch (0871 423 8642; monarch.co.uk) has a week in Cala Bona, Mallorca, for £285pp, with flights from Gatwick on 17 June and all-inclusive at the Ola Isabel Hotel.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...