Competition now closed.
Have you ever had a winter dream and wanted it to come true? Well, the Austrian National Tourist Office wants to help you do just that. Maybe you’ve imagined being the only skater on the famous ice rink in front of the Town Hall in Vienna town hall. Or you’ve always wanted to travel by stagecoach through the snow-covered winter landscape from Bregenz to Salzburg. Or maybe you’ve always wanted to be timed racing down a World Cup ski course. This winter, your dream could come true as the Austrian Tourist Office wants to recreate it for you.
SCROLL DOWN FOR AUSTRIAN INSPIRATION!
“We want to tempt British people to dream, and show them the amazing potential for winter dreams that Austria has to offer,” says Petra Stolba,CEO, of the Austrian National Tourist Office. “Winter in Austria offers more than just skiing and snowshoeing. You can walk in unspoilt nature and crystal-clear air, or immerse yourself in hot spa water, washing away the cares of the world. Or you could go to an opera, dance the night away at a ball, or soak up the atmosphere at a Christmas market. Winter in Austria has so many faces.”
So whatever your winter dream is, log on to winterdream.austria. info and describe it in just a few sentences. Don’t hold back, the only limits are your own imagination. And the more original, lovely and unusual your winter fantasy, the greater your chances of fulfilling it. There is just one condition: the dream must be realisable in Austria! A jury consisting of representatives from Austria will judge the dreams and choose the winner. So be inspired and get dreaming.
The closing date is Wednesday, 11 November 2009. Terms and conditions apply*
Good luck and sweet winter dreams in Austria!
Take inspiration from our Top 10 suggestions...
1.Having a get together with friends, drinking spicy mulled wine, sipping hot tea or even cocktails, sitting on warm cosy sheepskins in the first Austrian igloo–ice bar at the Hochoetz Snow village.
2. Spending a day in Vienna exploring modern art galleries and in the evening, after a visit to the Viennese Opera House, taking a romantic trip through the impressive imperial, historic city in a horse drawn carriage, only to stop at a fine restaurant of our choice where we are waited on in traditional Viennese style.
3. Looking forward to the peace and tranquillity of pristine deep-powder trails with hardly another person in sight, exploring the beauty of the snow-clad country side on cross-country skis.
4. Taking a culinary tour, tasting traditional and modern dishes famous for their regional ingredients, topped with the perfect Apfelstrudel, the showpiece of Austrian pastries. Then enjoying a professional wine-tasting session, introducing a selection of Austria’s award-winning wines.
5. The thrill of snowboarding near Mayrhofen when the sun rises from the summit, before drawing the first tracks in the freshly fallen powder snow.
6. At the Innsbruck Christmas Market where the golden roof fades into the background with festivity and the whole of the historic old town is touched by the magic of Christmas. Imagining a boat trip on the Wolfgansee by moonlight, passing by the sparkling lights of the advent markets and the floating “Giant Latern”, or enjoying local culinary delights while admiring the largest Advent wreath floating on the Wörthersee lit by some 80,000 lights.
7. Knowing the kids can enjoy watching the wild deer being fed at close distance and getting stuck into outdoor adventures such as story-telling and grilling in front of a tepee, or ski lessons with professionals whilst we make the most of our quality time for two.
8. A spine-tingling moonlit ramble with friends up the mountain under a star-studded sky, a pit stop at an alpine hut for a “Jause” and then a torch lit toboggan ride back down to the valley.
9. Rejuvenating in natural springs in the land of thermal spas, skating on a frozen lake and swimming in a heated natural lake in the middle of winter, then afterwards enjoying a soothing massage by experts before relaxing in front of a chimney fire to relax your soul.
10. A trendy shopping trip to Vienna or Graz, then relaxing in the ski lounges in Serfaus or panorama restaurants, soaking up the modern ambience directly alongside the piste.Reuse content