£1.6m drive to lure visitors to Britain
Tuesday 05 October 2010
British Airways and VisitBritain will tomorrow jointly launch a £1.6 million campaign to lure tourists to the UK.
Aimed initially at potential European visitors, the drive will then go global.
Economy-class passengers will be offered special air fares, while there will also be media familiarisation trips and syndication of VisitBritain web content on to ba.com and consumer databases.
China, India and Japan are among the countries being targeted.
VisitBritain marketing director Laurence Bresh said: "Britain has more attractions per square mile than anywhere else in the world and we think the campaign will inspire visitors to travel the length and breadth of the country."
BA global marketing planning head Kate Thornton said: "We are delighted to be launching this campaign with VisitBritain. Whatever you are looking for from a holiday, Britain definitely has something to offer."
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke beats opponent 33 years his junior in exhibition boxing match
- 2 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 3 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 4 Today was a bad day for renters, landlords, and democracy
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...