£1.6m drive to lure visitors to Britain
Tuesday 05 October 2010
British Airways and VisitBritain will tomorrow jointly launch a £1.6 million campaign to lure tourists to the UK.
Aimed initially at potential European visitors, the drive will then go global.
Economy-class passengers will be offered special air fares, while there will also be media familiarisation trips and syndication of VisitBritain web content on to ba.com and consumer databases.
China, India and Japan are among the countries being targeted.
VisitBritain marketing director Laurence Bresh said: "Britain has more attractions per square mile than anywhere else in the world and we think the campaign will inspire visitors to travel the length and breadth of the country."
BA global marketing planning head Kate Thornton said: "We are delighted to be launching this campaign with VisitBritain. Whatever you are looking for from a holiday, Britain definitely has something to offer."
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£16K Base + Uncapped Commission): Flight Centre L...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...