Aviation: Call yourselves security experts?
Pity the passengers of JetBlue Flight 191 this week – you know, the one where the pilot ran through the plane shouting the kind of words we all know don't go down well in a air-travel situations – namely "bomb" and "al-Qa'ida".
"Nobody knew what to do because he is the captain of the plane," Don Davis, a passenger, told reporters. But Davis, along with a number of other travellers on board, was flying to a security-industry conference in Las Vegas. Surely security professionals are exactly the kind of passengers who know what to do when their pilot goes bananas in the middle of a flight?
The bouncers around my way would, I'm sure, have brought the situation to a close with bone-crunching swiftness.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...