Aviation: Call yourselves security experts?
Pity the passengers of JetBlue Flight 191 this week – you know, the one where the pilot ran through the plane shouting the kind of words we all know don't go down well in a air-travel situations – namely "bomb" and "al-Qa'ida".
"Nobody knew what to do because he is the captain of the plane," Don Davis, a passenger, told reporters. But Davis, along with a number of other travellers on board, was flying to a security-industry conference in Las Vegas. Surely security professionals are exactly the kind of passengers who know what to do when their pilot goes bananas in the middle of a flight?
The bouncers around my way would, I'm sure, have brought the situation to a close with bone-crunching swiftness.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...
£25K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Fitness Centre Supervisor / Duty Manager ...