BA passenger figures up
British Airways, facing a damaging cabin crew strike, announced today that it carried 1.5% more passengers last month than in February 2009.
A total of 2.2 million customers flew on BA's services in February 2010 compared to just under 2.17 million in February last year, when London had its worst snow for 19 years.
BA's planes flew 74.2% full last month compared with a figure of 72% in February 2009.
The number of passengers flying in business and first-class seats (premium traffic) increased 5% last month compared with February 2009, while non-premium traffic rose 0.3%.
"Last year's February traffic data was affected by significant weather disruption in the first week of the month," BA said today.
George Stinnes, BA's group treasurer and head of investor relations, was asked what effect the threat of a strike was having on March 2010 bookings.
He replied: "Bookings in March, year on year, are continuing strong. The trend as far as we can tell is certainly consistent with a steady, small improvement."
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...