Bed down on the bus to Scotland
Saturday 22 October 2011
Britain's first budget sleeper coach service was launched yesterday, with London to Scotland fares starting at just £1.
Fitted with 24 berths and 24 seats, specially converted coaches are being operated between London and Glasgow by Megabus. The journey takes just under eight hours.
Passengers have their own berth, which is equipped with a reading light and curtain for extra privacy, as well as a duvet, pillow and blanket. They are also allocated a standard seat for their journey.
Customers get access to a toilet, free wi-fi, on-board refreshments and a toothbrush and toothpaste.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...