British Airways opens daily, non-stop to Las Vegas
Monday 05 October 2009
British Airways will open a daily, non-stop route from London's Heathrow Airport to Las Vegas beginning October 25.
Prices will begin at around £550 (€601) for a round trip, depending on day of travel.
Despite its popularity with British gamblers, Las Vegas has very few direct flights from the UK even though the UK is the number-one international market overseas for visitors to Las Vegas, according to UK website Weak Holidays. British travellers looking to go to "Sin City" usually have to transfer in Frankfurt, it added.
Virgin Atlantic currently offers daily non-stop flights between London's smaller Gatwick International and Las Vegas, beginning at around £510 (€560).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Isis 'did not shoot down coalition-led warplane' before capturing Jordanian pilot, says US
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...