British Airways opens daily, non-stop to Las Vegas
Monday 05 October 2009
British Airways will open a daily, non-stop route from London's Heathrow Airport to Las Vegas beginning October 25.
Prices will begin at around £550 (€601) for a round trip, depending on day of travel.
Despite its popularity with British gamblers, Las Vegas has very few direct flights from the UK even though the UK is the number-one international market overseas for visitors to Las Vegas, according to UK website Weak Holidays. British travellers looking to go to "Sin City" usually have to transfer in Frankfurt, it added.
Virgin Atlantic currently offers daily non-stop flights between London's smaller Gatwick International and Las Vegas, beginning at around £510 (€560).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...