Deals of the week: Ashdown Park, Greek Islands, Red Sea
Wednesday 25 July 2012
Under £200... Spend three nights relaxing at the Ashdown Park country-house hotel in East Sussex for £199 per person. The price is based on two sharing and is valid for midweek and weekend stays until 23 December, with a full English breakfast each day. Prideofbritainhotels.com
Under £500... Thomas Cook has some well-priced breaks to the Greek Islands this summer. One example is a week-long break on the Ionian isle of Zante at the self-catering Helen Studios with flights from Gatwick on 12 August for £342 per person. Thomascook.com
Under £1,000... Splash out a seven-night escape to Egypt's Red Sea. Sovereign Luxury Travel has a stylish stay at the Golden View Beach Resort in Sharm El Sheikh for £749 per person, with breakfast and Thomson Airways flights from Gatwick with transfers on 16 August. Sovereign.com
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.