Deals of the week: Lille; New Forest; Med cruise
Wednesday 23 May 2012
Less than £200: Cresta Holidays has a three-night break in the French city of Lille for £155pp. The package on offer includes travel on Eurostar from London St Pancras on 30 July and B&B accommodation at the simple but central Comfort Hotel Opera (crestaholidays.co.uk).
Less than £500: Head to the heart of the New Forest for a British break with bags of rural charm. The Cottage Lodge in the village of Brockenhurst has a four-night package for two people with breakfast for £264. Book by 27 May for stays up until the end of June (cottagelodge.co.uk).
Less than £1,000: Departing on 17 June, Virgin Holidays has a week-long Med cruise for £649pp. It includes return flights to Barcelona and full board on the Norwegian Epic, which sails to Naples, Civitavecchia (for Rome) and Livorno (for Pisa), then Cannes and Marseille. (virginholidayscruises.co.uk).
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.