Delta offers first glimpse inside JFK's Terminal 4
Tuesday 19 July 2011
Delta Airlines has released a new preview of the $1.2 billion (€847 million) expansion of Terminal 4 at JFK Airport in New York.
The huge project, set to open in 2013, will replace Terminal 3 as the US-based carrier's main JFK hub and is expected to handle over 11 million Delta passengers every year.
At 1.5 million square feet (140,000 square meters), the newly-expanded building will be one of the largest in North America, and Delta promises that it will dramatically improve the experience for its passengers with expanded security checkpoints, faster taxi times for aircraft and more check-in areas.
There will also be expanded shopping and dining areas, a private check-in lounge for Sky Priority passengers, an "ample" number of power plugs and USB outlets and a large business class lounge.
Delta is a partner of Air France, KLM and Alitalia in a venture which carries millions of passengers to the US via New York every year - it operates 192 departures from JFK every day and is the second largest carrier at the airport.
JetBlue, the largest operator from JFK, reopened a revamped version of Terminal 5 for its own operations in 2008.
Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxK6-wO1Zys
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...