EasyJet launches Salzburg service
Wednesday 15 June 2011
Budget airline easyJet is to start services to the Austrian city of Salzburg, it announced today.
The low-fare carrier will begin twice-weekly flights between Luton and Salzburg on December 17 this year.
Fares to the city - the birthplace of Mozart as well as the setting for The Sound Of Music - will start from £27.99 one-way including taxes.
EasyJet's UK commercial manager, Hugh Aitken, said: "Salzburg is an attractive destination which will appeal to many holidaymakers.
"From its musical heritage and stunning architecture through to its ski offering, the destination will, I'm sure, tick many boxes for the discerning traveller."
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...