First 787 Dreamliner flight to be between Tokyo and Hong Kong
Travelers who want to be the first to fly on Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner will be able to book a special package with Japanese airline ANA.
The carrier, which will be the first to receive the 787, announced July 25 that the first paid flight available for the public will be the short hop between Tokyo Narita and Hong Kong.
A package tour will be announced by ANA on a special minisite in the coming weeks and is believed to be scheduled for October, roughly a month after the aircraft is delivered to ANA.
For those who don't want to travel to Hong Kong, two special hour-long flights above Tokyo will be made available for members of ANA's Mileage Card loyalty program members to book.
After the first flights, the 787 Dreamliner will enter regular domestic service in Japan, says ANA, either between Tokyo Haneda and Okayama or Tokyo Haneda and Hiroshima.
The new aircraft is the first to be built using composite materials and offers considerable environmental advantages, as well as a better pressurization of the cabin and more interior space to increase comfort for passengers.
Although ANA will be the first to fly it, other airlines also awaiting delivery in the near future include Air India, China Southern, Japan Airlines and Royal Air Maroc.
- 1 'Soldier beheaded' in street as two shot in suspected terrorist attack near Woolwich barracks - 'attacker' shown in video saying 'We will never stop fighting you'
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 China agrees to impose carbon targets by 2016
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.