Globejotter: The London Eye, Journeys of Distinction, The Cuties and Pals
The latest news and views from the world of travel
Sunday 22 January 2012
The London Eye has introduced Samsung Galaxy tablets to its capsules – they provide interactive facts as visitors pass each landmark. Go to londoneye.com
Tour operator Journeys of Distinction has launched a "Light" portfolio to complement its premium trips, with "adventure more, pay less" trips to a range of destinations. Go to jod.uk.com
The Cuties and Pals have two new friends – Polka the ladybird and Chico the chick are two new suitcases for kids. Go to cutiesandpals.co.uk
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Kingdom Tower: Construction of 1km high new world’s tallest building to begin next week in Saudi Arabia
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...