Good to go... flight of fancy, island fling, African sun
Wednesday 09 February 2011
Flight of fancy
Netflights is offering discounts on a range of flights, from Miami to Melbourne. A little closer to home, Dubai looks good value at £385 per person. The fare is valid for Emirates flights departing Gatwick between 25 April and 15 July; you must book before 31 March. Visitors to the Emirate between 22 June and 31 July should travel out with plenty of room in their suitcases – the annual summer shopping festival is in town.
Mauritius's five-star hotel scene isn't all about old-school luxury; a new breed of cool, contemporary hotels is quietly taking hold on the Indian Ocean island. A vibrant example is Tamassa (pictured above) on the south coast and Thomson Tailormade is offering a saving of almost 50 per cent on stays at the resort this spring. £995 per person includes Emirates flights from Gatwick via Dubai on 18 March, transfers and all-inclusive accommodation.
Sun-seekers after a beach holiday off the beaten track should consider Gambia. This slither of West Africa has a small but thriving beach resort scene where broad sweeps of sand are backed by palm trees. Thomas Cook is offering 14 nights at the three-star Bakotu Hotel in Kotu Beach for just £659 per person. The price includes flights from Gatwick on 4 March and accommodation with breakfast.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...