Great getaways: Sharm el Sheikh, Nice, Norway and Lisbon
Sunday 29 July 2012
Western & Oriental has a family break in Sharm el Sheikh for £671 per adult, £379 per child, based on two adults and two children sharing a Deluxe Sea View room (with breakfast) at the five-star Hyatt Regency, flying Egyptair from Heathrow before 18 August. Unlike the non-stop options from other airlines, you must change planes in Cairo (wandotravel.com).
Soak up the sunshine and style of Nice this summer on a five-night break for £549 per person. The package with British Airways Holidays includes flights from Gatwick on 14, 16 or 19 August and a room with breakfast at the Hôtel Splendid & Spa, which has a rooftop terrace and pool a short stroll from the city centre and sweeping Mediterranean shore (ba.com/nice).
Take in the crenellated coast of Norway on the coastal ferry that doubles as a cruise ship. Hurtigruten has a 12-day "Classic Round Voyage" for £1,015 per person, for autumn departures on 10 and 21 September and 2,13 and 24 October It includes flights from Stansted airport to Bergen and full board. Highlights include Tromso, deep inside the Arctic Circle; Kirkenes, on the Russian border; and the remote Lofoten Islands (hurtigruten.co.uk).
Autumn is the perfect time to take a European city break.
Book ahead and Travelbag has one option that might tempt you for under £200. See the bustling barrios and wide, open squares of Lisbon on a three-night escape for £199 per person. The package also includes a stay, with breakfast, at the Turim Alameda hotel and easyJet flights from Gatwick on 17 September (travelbag.co.uk).
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...