More than a million free seats available on Ryanair
Wednesday 14 October 2009
On the evening of October 13 Ryanair released 1.1 million free seats in an unusual response to a BBC documentary criticizing the company.
Ryanair announced the day the program aired, October 11, that they would give away 100,000 seats for every BBC claim which Ryanair believes to be false or misleading.
"Last night's programme was more Bananarama than Panorama," said the company in a statement. "The BBC had no case, no facts and no clue. The only benefit it provided to viewers was the 1.1 million free seats Ryanair will give away as a result of its false claims."
The 1.1 million seats are available for travel in November and December, with no destination restrictions, and can be found on the company's website, as well as their counterpoints to BBC eleven criticisms: www.ryanair.com
Ryanair is a low budget airline and Europe's busiest carrier.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...