October Hotels.com-Relaxnews Price Barometer shows rates in free fall (reminder)
A night in a hotel on the world's leading destinations is less than 14 percent from last month and down by nearly 22 percent from October 2008.
Dubai and Rio de Janiero are the only cities to increase their hotel prices since last month, at 10 and 3 percent respectively. Compared with October 2008 every city's average hotel price has fallen by double digit percentages except Marseilles, along the Mediterranean Sea in France, which is still down 8 percent.
The Hotels.com-Relaxnews Hotel Price Barometer is based on the monthly average rates of several thousand hotels in 30 of the world's most important tourist destinations.
All prices include taxes and are based on estimations of average nightly rates established by hotel search engine Hotels.com, which gathers information on over 99,000 hotels worldwide.
Hotels.com - Relaxnews Hotel Price Barometer
|Destination||Average Price per Night in October 2009 (€)||% Change from September 2009||% Change from October 2008|
|New York City||154||-18||-29|
|Rio de Janeiro||120||+3||-17|
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...