Ritz comes clean on recycled shampoo
Friday 09 July 2010
The Ritz Hotel in London is decanting surplus toiletries left behind by guests.
Minutes of a housekeeping meeting from March showed the hotel saved nearly £1,500 in February by "recycling guests' toiletries", the London Evening Standard reported. The Ritz's managing director, Simon Boxall, said guests got a full set of toiletries every day but surplus shampoos and body lotion were recycled rather than thrown away.
He said the hotel was cutting waste for environmental and financial reasons.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...