Something To Declare: Andalucia, with Chris Stewart; Airport delays
Saturday 28 October 2006
Destination of the week: Andalucia, with Chris Stewart
The best-selling author of Driving Over Lemons will next month share his writing expertise. From 18-20 November, the travel-writing specialist Travellers' Tales ( www.travellerstales.org) is running a course for prospective travel writers in the city of Granada, at which Chris Stewart is the guest lecturer.
Jonathan Lorie, the course leader, says it will offer "A chance to try travel writing while travelling; 'live' practice out and about in the Alhambra palace and the city's streets and cafés." The price of £470 includes tuition plus B&B in a 500-year-old mansion opposite the Alhambra, but not flights from the UK - available on Monarch Scheduled (08700 40 50 40; www.flymonarch.com) from Gatwick and on Ryanair (0871 246 0000; www.ryanair.com) from Liverpool and Stansted.
Warning of the week: airport delays
If you plan to fly from Stansted to Granada or anywhere else, get to the Essex airport early. Over what has been half-term week for many schools, thousands of travellers have been delayed or missed flights because of long queues for security.
An airport spokeswoman says passengers should arrive at least two hours early - rather than the 40 minutes stipulated by easyJet and Ryanair.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...