Stansted Easter strike called off
Tuesday 03 April 2012
Planned strikes by ground staff at Stansted Airport over Easter have been called off after peace talks.
Members of the GMB union had been due to walk out for four hours on Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday in a dispute over pay.
Union members employed by Swissport voted overwhelmingly for strike action after the GMB claimed they were facing cuts of up to £1,000 a year because of shift changes.
The union said that following talks with the company today, the strike had been suspended.
Swissport said in a statement: "We are pleased that passengers and families travelling over the Easter weekend will no longer face potential disruption.
"We will continue our talks in an attempt to reach a joint consensus that ensures we understand our commercial challenges and balance the need for the work life balance of our employees."
Further talks will be held later this month.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...