Taiwan airport corridor collapses, no-one hurt
Monday 28 June 2010
A telescopic corridor at Taiwan's international airport connecting passengers between the terminal and planes collapsed on Monday but no-one was hurt, an airport official said.
The accident at the 10-year-old second terminal at Taoyuan International Airport outside Taipei stunned hundreds of passengers waiting to board their planes.
"It's a shame to Taiwan," one passenger told TVBS news network.
The airport, inaugurated 30 years ago, has become the target of passenger complaints ranging from leaking roofs to the lack of trolleys and their poor quality and management of airport staff.
Taiwan's transport authorities have launched a project to renovate the aging terminal at a cost of 3.2 billion Taiwan dollars (100 million US).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...