The 10 Best beach towels
From big and brash to dandelions and Ed Ruscha
1. Bold Stripe
Bright, bold and charming – what more do you want from a towel? Well, this one from John Lewis is generously proportioned, too.
There is something pleasingly retro about this, as though it's just escaped from an early-Eighties Wham! video.
3. Linea Butterfly Jacquard
Is there any other creature that says "carefree summer day" quite like a butterfly? Well, this towel has three of them.
4. Febronie Honey Comb Greek
Has a lovely Mediterranean look to it, this one, with the blue and white giving it as sophisticated an air as ever a towel can have.
5. Nairobi Beach
This towel is inspired by the Masai phrase enkare nairobi, which apparently means "cold water", hence its fresh oceanic colours.
6. Stephen Joseph Hooded Shark
When your little nipper comes out of the pool they can dry themselves on this cuddly shark towel.
7. Green Giant Tasselled
Minimalists will be turned off by the hand-tied cotton braid on this but there is something to be said for a bit of beach brashness.
8. Clarissa Hulse Cow Parsley Sunset
This takes a standard bucolic scene and jazzes it up to give a shock, sunset-red background.
9. Orla Kiely Stripe Petal
The repeated pebblestone design is a real eye-catcher and, as you'd expect from a Kiely towel, it's made of a fine cotton.
10. Ed Ruscha
You've seen his pictures in a gallery, have his prints on the wall and now you can take Ruscha's work with you to the beach.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...