The 10 Best in-flight essentials
1. Neal's Yard Frankincense Hydrating Facial Mist
If you have oily skin, you probably don't want to use one of the heavier 24-hour moisturisers. Instead, plump for this hydrating spray with frankincense.
2. BOSE Quiet Comfort 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones
These are perfect for ensuring all you hear is the movie, not the roar of the engines, as they use noise-cancelling technology to block out most frequencies.
3. 24-Hour Espa Skin Saviour
The recycled air and mild dehydration of a long-haul flight doesn't make for contented skin. Minimise airborne irritation with this manuka oil and shea butter formulation which soothes and restores.
4. Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo
If you're one of those get-off-the-plane-and-go types, you'll want to freshen up before you disembark. And few things need freshening more than hair, so rescue it with this spray-in dry shampoo.
5. Go Travel Z Zone Precision Ear Plugs
One third of fliers have painful ears because of cabin pressure changes. These ear plugs keep the pressure in your ears even by restricting the flow of air.
6. Go Travel Slimlite LED Travel Light
Night flight plus reading often equals strained eyes, even with the light in the flight panel. Not with this clip-on little torch, though, which has a 4-LED light and two brightness settings.
7. Optrex Refreshing Eye Drops
Eyes, like every part of us exposed to the cabin, can suffer. Redness, drying and itchiness are all par for the course. So protect your peepers with this cleansing and refreshing eye-drop solution.
8. Neck Pillow
We can't all stretch to those fancy fold-down beds in first class, but we can make ourselves a bit more comfortable with a travel pillow. This one is particularly comfy, with a squidgy memory foam.
9. The White Company Travel Blanket
Do you accept the germy flight blankets or refuse and risk getting cold? How about you do neither and take this cotton cover, which comes in three colours.
10. Silkskin Eye Mask
To help keep jetlag at bay, it's often sensible to have a bit of a kip on the flight. Use this eye mask, which fully blocks the light and is infused with lavender, to help you on your way to the land of nod.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...