The 10 Best lightweight luggage
Keep it light while you're on the road
1. Rimowa Salsa Air
This is an excellent and stylish model from baggage masters Rimowa. It's a capacious cabin case (35 litres) but only weighs 2.4kg. Lots of colours.
2. John Lewis Monaco black Pearl
A great balance of size and light weight (74l, 3.1kg). it has useful pockets and dividers inside, four wheels and a TSA combi lock.
3. Rimowa Classic Flight Cabin Trolley
Strong and gorgeous, this isn't as light as some here (it's 3.7kg) but it's capacious and desirable. Aluminium with leather handles.
4. Samsonite Firelite Spinner
This four-wheeled hard-sided big case is impressively light, managing 94l capacity but weighing just 2.9kg – and the cabin size weighs less than a large bottle of water. Choose a bright colour like red so you don’t spend ages at the carousel squinting at endless identical black cases.
5. Tumi Voyageur Super Leger International Carry-on
From £195, tumi.com
The right size for carry-on luggage (not Ryanair). A soft-sided case that weighs 2.4kg and is solidly built with leather top.
6. Knomo Serra
Clever pocket with shock protection. Plus, it comes with Knomo's system to reunite you with luggage that goes astray, with a unique "if lost" ID number.
7. Carlton Titanium Expandable
Lightweight maybe, but this bag is no slouch for sturdiness. Made of a nylon and polyester and has "duck feet", so won't topple over.
8. Eastpak Transfer (small)
A great budget option, made of super-light material with compression straps on the side so you can squeeze your clothes down to the bare minimum.
9. Sub Zero G Trolley Case
This is really light: just 2.2kg – in fact Sub Zero claims this is the world's lightest. It's convenient and easy to manoeuvre but for all that, it's exceptional value.
10. Delsey Lite Gloss
The case that lives up to its name: the 65cm model has 87l capacity, weighs 4.1kg and is certainly glossy. Looks great in red, black or silver.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 4 Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...