The 10 Best summer walking gear
Get kitted out for the summer
1. Gelert Serenity rucksack
Lightweight and snazzy, the Serenity rucksack is great for casual hikers. It has a 22l capacity, adjustable padded straps and an internal pocket to keep valuables.
2. Piz Buin Day Long lotion SPF 15 100ml
This non-greasy lotion provides 10 hours of protection (SPF 15) so you can put it on in the morning and be protected all day.
3. Muddy Tracks jacket
With this jacket you can survive the heat (breathable) and the rain (waterproof). It's got a back storage pocket and reflective prints for increased visibility.
4. Lifesystems Expedition Natural 40 Plus (100ml spray bottle)
Will keep you bite-free and, using lemon eucalyptus oils, this insect repellent smells better than most.
5. Women's Trespass hiking shorts
These fab shorts are made of a quick-drying material and use a protector that wicks away moisture and helps stains wash away.
6. Outdoor Research waterproof hat
Bat away the sun and showers with this waterproof hat, which uses the spirit of the sombrero to keep you cool and dry.
7. Camelbak Groove Tritan water bottle
This water bottle has a nifty carbon filter built into the straw so you can turn any tap water into fresh-tasting water on the go.
8. Havoc walking shoes
Walking books can feel something of a drag. The Havocs are a happy median: lightweight, support-giving walking shoes that are good for road and path.
9. Ecco Rough Men's Nubuck walkingsandals
Designed especially for men, these sandals have moulded soles to provide extra shock absorption and moisture-absorbent linings.
10. Rainpod jacket
The Gelert Rainpod jacket is one of the more stylish walking jackets. It's made of a soft-feel fabric with a hood and mesh-lined pockets and comes with its own pod bag.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...