The 10 Best summer walking gear
Get kitted out for the summer
1. Gelert Serenity rucksack
Lightweight and snazzy, the Serenity rucksack is great for casual hikers. It has a 22l capacity, adjustable padded straps and an internal pocket to keep valuables.
2. Piz Buin Day Long lotion SPF 15 100ml
This non-greasy lotion provides 10 hours of protection (SPF 15) so you can put it on in the morning and be protected all day.
3. Muddy Tracks jacket
With this jacket you can survive the heat (breathable) and the rain (waterproof). It's got a back storage pocket and reflective prints for increased visibility.
4. Lifesystems Expedition Natural 40 Plus (100ml spray bottle)
Will keep you bite-free and, using lemon eucalyptus oils, this insect repellent smells better than most.
5. Women's Trespass hiking shorts
These fab shorts are made of a quick-drying material and use a protector that wicks away moisture and helps stains wash away.
6. Outdoor Research waterproof hat
Bat away the sun and showers with this waterproof hat, which uses the spirit of the sombrero to keep you cool and dry.
7. Camelbak Groove Tritan water bottle
This water bottle has a nifty carbon filter built into the straw so you can turn any tap water into fresh-tasting water on the go.
8. Havoc walking shoes
Walking books can feel something of a drag. The Havocs are a happy median: lightweight, support-giving walking shoes that are good for road and path.
9. Ecco Rough Men's Nubuck walkingsandals
Designed especially for men, these sandals have moulded soles to provide extra shock absorption and moisture-absorbent linings.
10. Rainpod jacket
The Gelert Rainpod jacket is one of the more stylish walking jackets. It's made of a soft-feel fabric with a hood and mesh-lined pockets and comes with its own pod bag.
educationTo mark International Women's Day, Sarah Brown on how charities have brought proper joined-up thinking to the delivery of education
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 First clip of Outkast's Andre 3000 in Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side emerges
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £16000 retainer & uncapped commission: Flight Cent...