The 10 Best: Thermals
Wednesday 04 January 2012
1. Trespass Exempto Unisex Long Base Layer
The Exempto base is good for chaps and women. It's quick drying and breathable with an anti-bacterial finish.
2. Icebreaker Men's Real Fleece 260
By using merino wool rather than synthetic fleece, Icebreaker has created a thermal midlayer that is light, durable and odour resistant.
3. Patagonia Capilene Beanie
Designed specifically to guard against heat loss and to stay put when you're on the move, this soft jersey beanie is perfect for running, playing football or skiing.
4. Nike Running Gloves
Fancy going for a run but don't want to risk getting your fingers frostbitten? These light, snug-fitting gloves will keep your hands warm on your frosty winter runs.
5. Columbia Women's Baselayer Mid Weight
This top's impressive design features "omni-heat" reflective dots in areas that you need to keep nice and toasty.
6. Finisterre Zephyr Leggings
These leggings are ethically sourced, seriously comfortable and come in a range of different colours. Wear either under your winter outerwear or on their own.
7. The North Face Men's Tights
These men's tights feature the recently developed HyActive layering pieces. They efficiently trap warm air against your body – ideal for mountaineering or skiing.
8. Heat Holders Original
Piggies feeling a little cold as you trudge to work in the howling wind? Then give your feet the post-Christmas gift of a pair of the "ultimate thermal sock".
9. Slim Thermal Jeans
Tired of having to literally wrap yourself up against the winter cold? Well, check out these rather nifty thermal jeans, which are lined with black fleece.
10. Finisterre Zephyr Vest
This merino vest is the upper half of the Finisterre zephyr thermal leggings and is every bit as comfortable as them. The wool is a super-soft 17.5 microns.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 Q&A: What do we know about what happened?
The 10 Best hiking boots
Come to Crimea: Could tourism help heal the divisions in Ukraine?
Justice for Britain's former slave colonies? Caribbean leaders to ask the UK for apologies, repatriation and debt cancellation
Malaysia Airlines MH370: the missing aircraft, and what investigators will be looking for
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...