The 10 Best: Thermals
Wednesday 04 January 2012
1. Trespass Exempto Unisex Long Base Layer
The Exempto base is good for chaps and women. It's quick drying and breathable with an anti-bacterial finish.
2. Icebreaker Men's Real Fleece 260
By using merino wool rather than synthetic fleece, Icebreaker has created a thermal midlayer that is light, durable and odour resistant.
3. Patagonia Capilene Beanie
Designed specifically to guard against heat loss and to stay put when you're on the move, this soft jersey beanie is perfect for running, playing football or skiing.
4. Nike Running Gloves
Fancy going for a run but don't want to risk getting your fingers frostbitten? These light, snug-fitting gloves will keep your hands warm on your frosty winter runs.
5. Columbia Women's Baselayer Mid Weight
This top's impressive design features "omni-heat" reflective dots in areas that you need to keep nice and toasty.
6. Finisterre Zephyr Leggings
These leggings are ethically sourced, seriously comfortable and come in a range of different colours. Wear either under your winter outerwear or on their own.
7. The North Face Men's Tights
These men's tights feature the recently developed HyActive layering pieces. They efficiently trap warm air against your body – ideal for mountaineering or skiing.
8. Heat Holders Original
Piggies feeling a little cold as you trudge to work in the howling wind? Then give your feet the post-Christmas gift of a pair of the "ultimate thermal sock".
9. Slim Thermal Jeans
Tired of having to literally wrap yourself up against the winter cold? Well, check out these rather nifty thermal jeans, which are lined with black fleece.
10. Finisterre Zephyr Vest
This merino vest is the upper half of the Finisterre zephyr thermal leggings and is every bit as comfortable as them. The wool is a super-soft 17.5 microns.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...