The 10 Best: Thermals
1. Trespass Exempto Unisex Long Base Layer
The Exempto base is good for chaps and women. It's quick drying and breathable with an anti-bacterial finish.
2. Icebreaker Men's Real Fleece 260
By using merino wool rather than synthetic fleece, Icebreaker has created a thermal midlayer that is light, durable and odour resistant.
3. Patagonia Capilene Beanie
Designed specifically to guard against heat loss and to stay put when you're on the move, this soft jersey beanie is perfect for running, playing football or skiing.
4. Nike Running Gloves
Fancy going for a run but don't want to risk getting your fingers frostbitten? These light, snug-fitting gloves will keep your hands warm on your frosty winter runs.
5. Columbia Women's Baselayer Mid Weight
This top's impressive design features "omni-heat" reflective dots in areas that you need to keep nice and toasty.
6. Finisterre Zephyr Leggings
These leggings are ethically sourced, seriously comfortable and come in a range of different colours. Wear either under your winter outerwear or on their own.
7. The North Face Men's Tights
These men's tights feature the recently developed HyActive layering pieces. They efficiently trap warm air against your body – ideal for mountaineering or skiing.
8. Heat Holders Original
Piggies feeling a little cold as you trudge to work in the howling wind? Then give your feet the post-Christmas gift of a pair of the "ultimate thermal sock".
9. Slim Thermal Jeans
Tired of having to literally wrap yourself up against the winter cold? Well, check out these rather nifty thermal jeans, which are lined with black fleece.
10. Finisterre Zephyr Vest
This merino vest is the upper half of the Finisterre zephyr thermal leggings and is every bit as comfortable as them. The wool is a super-soft 17.5 microns.
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.