The 50 Best beaches
With a long, hot summer predicted, there’s no better moment to catch a wave. Rhiannon Batten offers the experts' guide to golden sands and clear blue seas
Friday 03 July 2009
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best Beaches
Leave your comments and suggestions below
This week's panel:
Stuart Barrow is the policy manager for VisitEngland (enjoyengland.com/seaside)
John Romans is media & communications coordinator for ENCAMS, which campaigns to keep Britain tidy (encams.org)
Miranda Krestovnikoff is the author of Best British Beaches (£9.99, Pavilion)
Thomas Bell is coastal pollution officer for the Marine Conservation Society and the editor of the Good Beach Guide (goodbeachguide.co.uk)
Andy Cummins is campaigns manager at Surfers Against Sewage (sas.org.uk), a UK-based non profit-making organisation campaigning for clean, safe recreational waters
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...