This is the weekend for...Getting ready for autumn
Saturday 02 October 2010
As members of the Ryder Cup team and the drenched spectators not watching golf at Celtic Manor will testify, the weather this weekend has taken a turn for the worse.
But, waterlogged greens and soggy socks notwithstanding, the meterological depression is no reason to feel down. Autumn may have arrived with a watery vengeance, but just think! Like falling leaves, the darkening skies and gathering clouds bring with them new pleasures to soften the blow of summer's end.
Think fires, fireworks, pumpkins and soup. Conker fights and nights in front of the telly under a duvet. Bracing walks and steaming pies, and children frolicking through drifts of leaves.
Okay, it's a bit grim, but come on – at least it's not winter.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...