Tips and deals: 06/12/09
Sunday 06 December 2009
London Paddington has become the first UK railway station to offer international flight check-in services. Heathrow Express has installed flight information screens and self-service check-in at the station. Go to heathrowexpress.com
The ski break
Mark Warner has launched special adult-only ski weeks in January at Val d'Isere and in March at Tignes. The idea follows the success of a summer initiative and will include extras such as social events and excursions. Go to markwarner.co.uk
To mark Tokyo overtaking Paris as the city with the most Michelin-starred restaurants, Japan Journeys is running its first Gourmet Tour of Japan. Departing next May, bookings can be made now for the 10-day group itinerary. Go to japanjourneys.co.uk
Book now for a reviving post-Christmas break at Stoke Park. The one-night stay includes breakfast and dinner, two spa treatments, use of the pool, gym and sports facilities. Valid from 4-10 January, price £160 per person, based on two sharing. Go to stokepark.com
- 1 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 2 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...