Tips and deals of the week: Candy Cottage in Brighton, Orient Express Botswana Tour with Alexander McCall and SilkAir to Yogyaharta
Saturday 07 September 2013
Candy Cottage is a new two-bed selfcatering option in Brighton. It is richly decorated in vibrant wallpapers and flea-market finds. Three-night breaks from £430 (crown-gardens.co.uk).
Orient Express has a chance to visit Botswana with author Alexander McCall Smith (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency). The five-day trip from 22 November is £3,867pp (orient-express.com).
SilkAir, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, is launching flights to Yogyakarta in Indonesia in November. The city is close to the Buddhist temple complex Borobudur (silkair.com).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...