Tips and deals of the week: See No Evil, Lake District Renault Twizys and W hotel Sentosa
Sunday 12 August 2012
See No Evil is an event taking place in Bristol (13-19 Aug) that will transform Nelson Street into a permanent street-art gallery (seenoevilbristol.co.uk).
The hire car
The Lake District can now be explored by electric car. A fleet of 15 Renault Twizys is available for visitors to explore the national park (goLakes.co.uk).
Sentosa, Singapore's island playground, gets a W hotel next month, with a pool, spa, grill restaurant and several bars (starwoodhotels.com).
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.