Tips and deals of the week: Wight Taste Trail, Lonely Planet language course Fluent Road and Glastonbury's Powder Room
Sunday 23 June 2013
Find fresh garlic, apricots, tomatoes and asparagus, as well as restaurants to try them at, using Wightlink's free Wight Taste Trail. Download the booklet or order it from the website (wightlink.co.uk/wighttastetrail).
Lonely Planet has launched an online language course, Fluent Road, starting with Spanish. Choose from mainland, Mexican, Argentinian or Latin American. Free trial; then $9/£6 per month (fluentroad.com).
Glastonbury-goers in need of a shower, clean loos and a café should book the Powder Room. For £59 you get access to the mini-site's facilities during the festival; tent pitches are on offer for £299 (thepowderroom.eu).
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...