Saturday 25 April 2009
Set forth for the Peak District Walking Festival, which runs until 4 May. Fill your boots with over 100 events, including walks, talks and open days in and around the national park (visitpeakdistrict.com/pdwf).
From Friday, Show Scotland stages four days of "big events" with dozens of activities, from children's events to wildlife tours, at cultural institutions around Scotland over the Bank Holiday weekend (showscotland.com). Also from Friday, The Norfolk and Norwich Festival has a programme of contemporary music from Philip Glass and more, to 16 May (nnfestival.org.uk).
In the diary...
The Mawazine Festival in Morocco's capital, Rabat, features Stevie Wonder, Amadou et Mariam and Kylie from 15-23 May (festivalmawazine.ma).
In New York, Francis Bacon: A Centenary Retrospective opens on 20 May at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Later in the summer, a brand-new Monarch Airbus A321 will fly low over the telephone box on the Scottish island of Canna. The airline's managing director, Tim Jeans, used the call box to negotiate the purchase of the $40m jet last summer, while on holiday on the isle.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...